Monday, May 26, 2014

Japan Day 1: Lost Baggage and First Impressions

Currently, I am in Tokyo, Japan for an internship organizing a summer program for the Center for International Exchange of Showa Women’s University. 

I thought that it would be a great culture shock coming to Japan, but I have found that I feel quite in place here. Despite knowing only a few Japanese phrases, I have been able to get by with the help of Shiori, a student at Showa who picked me up at the airport and showed me around. Unfortunately, Air Canada had lost my baggage in Toronto, but they told me that I would be able to receive it in two days at the place I am staying. Hopefully, I will receive my stuff in time as I explore and find more interesting things here in this country!

My First Impressions
There are a lot of vending machines here! Probably one on every street, and even outdoors!

I tried taiyaki and Pocari Sweat for the first time. Delicious!

The toilet seats are heated. Very strange.


No comments :

Post a Comment