Friday, May 30, 2014

Japan Day 5: Lotus Flowers and English Practice

Today, while walking through Showa's garden, I noticed that the lotus flowers in the koi pond had bloomed. This was the first time I had seen lotus flowers in real life before, so I was very excited. The weather (which has been great for the past few days) accentuated the flowers by casting a sunny glow on the water. I also found a sixth gnome today; one more to go and I will have seen all seven!
We (the other intern from Harvard and I) finished work a bit early today, so we went to the Global Lounge to practice English speaking with some students. I had a great time, and got some good suggestions for places to visit in Tokyo! Also, we are now featured on a blog post on Showa's website, which you can check out here! (It is in Japanese though.)

No comments :

Post a Comment