Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Japan Day 3: Lucky Gnomes and Lots of Ramen

My lost baggage came today, so yay! I finally have clothes, and other necessities. I also had a productive day at work, organizing for the arrival of the exchange students that Showa will be hosting this summer. During my lunch break, I happened to stumble upon four gnome statues on campus. There is a legend that if you manage to see seven of these statues on the same day, all of your wishes that day will become true. (The statues are also constantly being moved at night by a mysterious entity, so they are not that easy to find!) Hopefully, I will be able to discover them all before I leave Japan!
I also had ramen for lunch and dinner today. For lunch, I ordered it in the cafeteria, and for dinner, I went out to a restaurant with my coworker. To order my ramen (which came in a combo with fried chicken), I had to print a ticket of what I wanted, and then give it to the chef. The ramen in Japan is absolutely delicious. I have had ramen in the U.S., but American ramen just pales in comparison to the authentic noodles here. The soup is rich, fatty, and flavored perfectly. I could eat it everyday, but it'll probably be bad for my health!

No comments :

Post a Comment