Thursday, May 29, 2014

Japan Day 4: Exploring the Neighborhood

I found a fifth lucky gnome today! However, by the time I got out of work, I found that the other gnomes had moved, so I couldn't find them again. I was at the office for most of the day, but I attended a video conference from Boston in the morning. There I met some Showa students, and even had lunch later with one!
For dinner, I went to a local soba place. Outside the restaurant there were food displays, so I thought that it would be easy to order food there. It ended up that no one who worked there knew English, but I managed to order some tempura soba! I also got some ice coffee for free from the restaurant ("service") from the sweet, old lady that was the waitress.
After dinner, I saw some interesting places on the way back to the Dormy Inn. Setagaya Park was nearby (a very spacious park), and I watched a baseball game that was happening there. Also, I went to visit a small temple that lined the road to the Inn. The lanterns lit up the pathway, and it was fascinating to experience the traditional atmosphere of the shrines. 

No comments :

Post a Comment