Friday, July 4, 2014

Japan Day 40: Kamakura and Fireworks

Today, the Showa Women's University Summer International Program (SSIP) went on a day trip to Kamakura (passing by Yokohama)! At Kamakura, we were able to visit two temples and the Great Buddha. I got my fortune told again for the third time in Japan, and I got good luck again! Hopefully all of my fortunes prove to be true. At the Great Buddha, I was also able to go inside the statue (for only ¥20), and it was very dark. For lunch, we ate a traditional vegetarian meal, like Buddhist monks!
After our day trip, we travelled to Tomei Gakurin, Showa's off campus facility on a mountain. The place is actually really nice, overlooking a great view of the city and ocean. At night, we were able to set off some firework sparklers. It was my first time setting off fireworks, and it was at a really appropriate time since it was the 4th of July! So much fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment