Saturday, July 12, 2014

Japan Day 48: Farewells and Disneyland

Today was the last day of SSIP (Showa Women's University Summer International Program), the program I have been helping to organize for the last three weeks. Although I will be in Japan for another week, the friends I have made in the program will be going back to their respective countries (9 countries total) this weekend. All of them were great people, who wanted to explore Japanese culture while sharing their own cultural perspectives. I will miss everyone! During the closing ceremony, I even got a bit teary eyed, but, in the words of one of the participants, "Today is not a goodbye, but a hello to more adventures and reunions in the future!" I wish I could write more, but my feelings at that moment cannot seem to be captured into words.
After that bittersweet farewell, I actually went to Disneyland with one of my friends! We got the "Starlight Passport" which allows you to get into Disneyland Tokyo on a weekend after 3pm for only ¥5,000! We had a lot of fun! The place was indeed very magical, and it brought back many memories from my trip to Disney World in Florida when I was in the 4th grade. I revisited iconic rides, such as Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. (Although both rides are a bit scary, they provide such great sensory experiences that you need to try them!) Waiting in line at Disney was also very tiring (since we came too late to get the FastPasses), but the rides are worth it. The ending show was a perfect wrap-up to my eventful day!

No comments :

Post a Comment