Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Japan Day 51: A 45-Story View

After a slow day at work, I visited the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatory, which has been on my bucket list for a while. The building comprises of two parts, each of which has an observation deck that is about 200 meters high. It is very popular with tourists since it is free (which is why I wanted to go)! There seemed to be many tourists from China; I heard a lot of people speaking Chinese there. I think this deck is a better alternative to the Skytree or Tokyo Tower viewing platforms, whose prices can be quite hefty. The elevator for tourists basically just has three buttons (for the 1st, 2nd, and 45th floors), and the view at the top is indeed pretty incredible (though it was somewhat cloudy today)!
After visiting the observatory, I went to visit my friend at her workplace in the nearby area of Shinjuku. She works at a pretty European-themed restaurant– very chic. I ordered the Spicy Hawaiian sausage, but it seemed more German to be because of the sauerkraut it was accompanied by. Still, it was delicious and a great way to end the day!

No comments :

Post a Comment