Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Japan Day 52: Brazilian Barbecue

After work today, I went out to eat Brazilian barbecue with some Japanese friends! It was a very fun meal (with tons of meat and warm pineapple with cinnamon as dessert), and we spent a lot of time talking about funny things. I found that I had surprisingly learned a lot of Japanese while I have been here. The most used phrase that I can think of is やばい (yabai), which is like OMG in English (and it can have either a positive or negative connotation). The meal was definitely a great way to spend one night of my last week in Japan. I will miss all of the people I have met here, and I hope to see them again! Next time, I promise that my Japanese will be better!
After eating way too much meat, we went to get some ice cream at Baskin Robbins. I got the Papa Coconut flavor (pineapple and coconut), which was very good. I thought I was very full, but it seems like there is always room in one's stomach for ice cream! We bonded some more over ice cream, and parted ways, promising to remain in contact!

No comments :

Post a Comment