Friday, June 6, 2014

Japan Day 12: Rainy Day Reading and Katsu

Today, it was very rainy; the weather was basically a downpour the entire time. The Alpacasso in the office cheered me up though! I've always wanted one since I've heard about them; they're so cute! I also got through about 200 pages of 1Q84. So far the story is very interesting. The chapters of the book alternate between the perspectives of two separate characters in different story-lines, which creates many cliff-hanger like chapter endings.
For dinner, we picked a random katsu (breaded cutlet) place while trying to find shelter from the rain. I got the cheese katsu set, which was basically deep-fried cheese (similar to mozzarella sticks). The set came with a lot of food (salad, rice, and miso soup). The katsu itself was pretty good, but after a while, you start to feel a bit gross eating it because it is so greasy. Still, I'm glad to try this iconic Japanese dish (with a twist)!

No comments :

Post a Comment