Friday, June 13, 2014

Japan Day 19: Fries and a Rooftop Garden

Work, like yesterday, was a bit busy. A lot of students came to visit us in the office and during lunch (to get information about the summer program and also to practice their English). For lunch, I had an interesting meal. In the time I've been here, I've seen a lot of students shake a bag fervorously during lunch time, and I would wonder what they were shaking with such enthusiasm. Today, I discovered that it was actually a bag of seasoned fries! I paired the fries I ordered with tempura udon (which I thought was topped with rice krispies at first...)
After work, I got some ramen from a place near the university, and it was pretty good. The soup was intensely creamy and miso-flavored. The greeter at the restaurant was super friendly, and spoke surprisingly good English! The shop even played songs in English (which we later discovered were Beatles songs).

I also went to visit the Meguro Sky Garden near the Meguro River. This park is enormous, consisting of a soccer field, and a huge rooftop garden. It was really a different and relaxed feeling from the urban-ness of Tokyo, and the view was absolutely incredible! 

No comments :

Post a Comment