Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Japan Day 9: Noodles and Japanese McDonald's

Today was relatively uneventful, but I tried udon for the first time in the school cafeteria. The person who made it asked me what style of udon I wanted, but I didn't really know the difference, so I picked the Kansai style. The noodles were really good, in my opinion. The soup was light and the seaweed complemented the soft texture of the noodles well. I will definitely order it again!
After work, the other intern and I went out to try Japanese MCDonald's because we heard that it would be better than McDonald's in the U.S. A Showa student also told us that the burgers would be pretty small. When we arrived, I ordered a teriyaki burger set. The burger actually turned out to be pretty standard size (at least compared to the U.S.), but I found that the sauce was way too sweet (and with only like one piece of lettuce for the entire burger). I wouldn't really recommend getting it... 
We also went to visit an interesting looking shop on our way back to our lodging. It turned out that the store specialized in Indian wares, and I found the items to be very uniquely designed and affordable. I will definitely go back to check it out more!
I ended my day by trying the unfortunately-named Calpis soda, which I bought at Don Quijote. It was my first time tasting the soda, and I really didn't know what to expect. The drink turned out to be a bit tangy and citrus flavored with a milky undertone. It was surprisingly very refreshing!

No comments :

Post a Comment