Friday, June 27, 2014

Japan Day 33: Museum and Asakusa

Today, I went to visit the Edo-Tokyo Museum, which was really fun for a museum! The recreations were realistic and detailed, and I was able to learn a lot about the history of Tokyo.

In the afternoon, I toured around Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa, where I made a wish and receive “The Best Fortune” from the fortune-telling part of the temple. I also saw many Buddhas and other cool artifacts from history. The streets of Asakusa were really busy with both locals and tourists. I didn't buy any souvenirs, but I tried cucumber on a stick and dango!
I also had the opportunity to make some food samples today! Food samples are the realistic displays that restaurants often have in front of their stores (at least in Japan). I made some tempura eggplant and lettuce from hot wax, which was not as hard as I had expected. Definitely an fun experience!

No comments :

Post a Comment