Monday, June 9, 2014

Japan Day 15: Nice Weather and Face Paper

I had a pretty uneventful day at work, but I managed to brainstorm a lot of ideas. For lunch, I got udon again (this time with a perfectly poached egg!) because it was so good the last time. I find that the flavor is very subtle. Coupled with thick noodles, this soup is the perfect Japanese comfort food!
After lunch, I walked around the campus, and a guy gave me a packet of oil absorbing papers. It was to advertise for "Koyama Driving School," and I found the title of the package –FACE PAPER (for Girls & Boys)– to be pretty funny. I really like how they advertise things in Japan; there always seem to be freebies! Commonly, stores or companies usually hand out small items like tissues or pamphlets, but I've also seen people hand out entire magazines! (Some magazines also come with extra items, such as toys or handbags. In Japan, it seems like anything can be a Happy Meal.)
I found the famous Japanese pudding (like a caramel flan) while perusing the convenience store on campus; indeed it does jiggle a lot (though not as much as the Giga Pudding). To my surprise, the weather was really nice today! The rain has stopped for a while, but I think that it will resume tomorrow. Still, it was good to feel the sun again!

No comments :

Post a Comment