Monday, June 16, 2014

Japan Day 22: Starbucks and Mysterious Seafood

I had a good day at work today; the summer program I'm helping to organize is starting in less than a week, so I'm going to be really busy then! I took the opportunity today to just relax and read some 1Q84. (I'm on book three now!) On my way back to the Inn, I stopped by Starbucks for the first time in Japan. Of course, I had to get the match green tea frappuccino, since green tea is so iconic of Japan. I found it to be pretty similar to the green tea frappuccinos in America, but I don't get them that often to know if there is a significant difference in flavor. Still yummy though!
For dinner, I got a chirashi sushi bowl from a store nearby with some exotic seafood. I wasn't entirely sure of what any of the seafood was except for the salmon. My educated guess, based on flavor and appearance, is that the bowl contained roe, sea urchin, crab, and scallop. It was pretty good raw fish for just ¥500! 

No comments :

Post a Comment