Monday, June 2, 2014

Japan Day 8: Conveyer Belt Sushi

After work today, the other Showa intern and I went to a conveyer belt sushi restaurant, where you pay based on how many plates you take from the conveyer belt. The restaurant is near Showa, and another student had told us about it after I said that I would like to visit such a restaurant. We had somewhat of a hard time finding it, but, in the end, we managed to locate the restaurant!
I would say that the sushi from this restaurant is a bit different from sushi that I have had before. The chefs put the wasabi on the roll already, so you do not have to add any more. Also, the variety of fish is different. I tried cuttlefish, fresh roe, and sweetly seasoned squid (pictured below). I thought that the sushi there was pretty good, and worth the prices!
After we finished eating sushi, we went to visit Mister Donut, a donut chain in Japan. The donuts there were very different from donuts I have had in the States. There were a lot of green tea flavored donuts. Also, the donuts were pretty chewy (I think because glutinous rice is added to the dough). They were not warm donuts, but I think that's how donuts are here. I got a mix of small donuts, since I wanted to sample different flavors. They were very colorful and sweet!

No comments :

Post a Comment