Saturday, June 21, 2014

Japan Day 27: Baseball Fun

I went to a baseball game today on my day off– the Yakult Swallows vs. Orix Buffaloes! I was actually afraid that the game would be cancelled because the forecast predicted rain, but the sky didn't leak a drop. It was actually quite sunny at times! We (some other friends and I) sat on the Swallows side of the stadium, so we cheered for them (the home team). The game was surprisingly very fun! The Swallows fans were just as interesting as the game; they had synchronized cheers, and, every time the team scored a point, they would open up their mini-umbrellas to bob along to a victory song! It was an unique experience for me! The Swallows won too, so the crowd was ecstatic. 
Because it was so hot during the game, I got some Baskin Robbins ice cream to cool me down. It was the first time I had Baskin Robbins! I chose the "Popping Shower" flavor, which is vanilla flavored ice cream with pop rocks. At first, the pop rocks tasted a lot like cake, and I thought that they wouldn't pop in my mouth, but, after a few seconds, I felt the popping! They also sold various souvenirs at the stalls, including some items that were super cute!
After the game, we went to a nearby Thai restaurant, and I ordered some pad thai. It was delicious, and the portion was good for the price. The atmosphere was also classy and the venue well-decorated. 
After the Thai food, our group decided to get some waffles from a Belgian waffle shop. I had quite the international experience today: we were Americans and Europeans eating Belgian waffles (at a outdoors table that belonged to an Italian restaurant) after enjoying Thai food and a Japanese baseball game!

No comments :

Post a Comment