Sunday, June 1, 2014

Japan Day 7: The Urban Side of Tokyo

I explored Harajuku and a bit of Shibuya today. Since it was Sunday, the area was pretty crowded, but it was fun trip! For lunch, I went to a restaurant called "bills," which is a part of an Australian chain, I believe. It was on the top floor of a mall-like building, and the view was incredible. There was a decently long line for the restaurant too, and the most popular dish there is the ricotta pancakes, which I got. They were some pretty good pancakes, but thicker and fluffier than ones on the U.S. Apparently, pancakes are now becoming very popular here in Japan. (Also, the Japanese think that pancakes originate in Hawaii- a rumor whose origin I do not know.)
There was also a rooftop garden next to the restaurant that was Maleficent-themed, since the movie just came out. There was a spindle on the roof, and a pretty big display indoors in the mall. It was pretty magical, I would have to say!
Afterwards, we went to a toy store called Kiddyland. I highly recommend going there! There is so much cool stuff, and I don't think it's just for kids. (Most of the people I saw were adults.) The store was basically endless, and many hours were spent looking at all the toys. (Everything was either super cute, creative, or high tech!)

No comments :

Post a Comment